It’s four weeks since the terrible result of another 5 years of Tory government, cutting and slashing our health and safety and workers rights as ‘red tape’ and ‘burdens on business’. We’ve all had some time to grieve, drown our sorrows and think and now is the time to regroup, and time to fight back, to educate, organise and agitate for what we want: the right to safe and healthy work and to come home every day alive and well.
Safety reps it’s time to reclaim the health and safety agenda, so time to book your place at the Hazards 2015 Conference!
Registrations are picking up fast, so get your application in soon and please don’t forget the sponsorship appeal too!
National Hazards Conference, is the once a year chance to meet safety reps form all union, all types of workplace for all over the UK, to exchange ideas and get inspired. As ever, the conference organised by the Hazards Campaign will have top headline speakers and workshops that will give you the knowledge and tools to make workplaces safer and healthier. Topics covered include safety reps and organising, finding out what is harming members, making the most of the enforcement system, and dealing with risks.
The event is union-supported and this year has the theme ‘Safety reps: Reclaiming the health and safety agenda’.
National Hazards Conference, 4-6 September 2015, Keele University, Stoke-on-Trent
Please support the sponsorship appeal:http://www.hazardscampaign.org.uk/h…/2015sponsorshipform.pdf
And BOOK NOW booking form:http://www.hazardscampaign.org.uk/hazar…/2015bookingform.pdf
- Peoples’ Assembly March. 20th June, London
- North West TUC regional council meeting. 27th June, Liverpool
- Anti-Workfare demonstration outside B&M Bargins. 27th June, Chorlton 2pm –
- 130th Anniversary of Clifton Hall Colliery Disaster – Church Service. 11th June, St Augustines Church, Pendlebury 11am
- Durham Miner’s Gala. 11th July, Durham
- 130th Anniversary of Clifton Hall Colliery Disaster – Memorial Garden and Monument Unveiling. 18th July, Viridor Recycling Centre, Lumns Lane 1pm – https://www.facebook.com/events/440459092780374/
- Ordinary Meeting of Greater Manchester Association of Trade Union Councils. 25th July, Friends Meeting House, Manchester 11am.
- Counter the White Man fascist march. 15th August, Liverpool
- National Hazards conference. 4-6th September, Keele University